Throughout the past few years, I’ve met many types of friends. From opportunistic to fake, to manageable to annoying. And from all, I don’t think I have met a true friend (unfortunately).
But from all the good qualities I’ve seen in the people I have met, I believe the following are some of the signs of a true friend.
- They are there for you regardless of the situation
- They don’t ignore you when you are feeling sad and does something to make you feel better
- They do not spill your secrets
- They don’t talk behind your back or be around others who are disloyal to you
- They don’t mock or insult you
- They never laugh at your failure
- They always offer food when you have nothing to eat
- They encourage you to do good things, never the bad
- They take care of your belongings and do not take it without your permission
- They care about your welfare
- They are happy of your success
- They don’t exclude you nor make you feel excluded
- They listen to you and try to understand you
- They are honest with you and doesn’t tell lies
- They do not forget the good you have done to them and return the favour of being good to you
How about you? What are the signs of a real friend?
Let me know what you think below!
Bye (for now)
Originally published on the 1st of December, 2017.